9.22.2008

forty.nine.

today i listened to the sound a crabapple makes when it falls from the tree.
is it a thud?
a thump?
a plop?
i couldn't differentiate, and i was supposed to be cramming for my sociology exam, and i wasn't focusing and crabapples sounded so interesting when they hit the ground and they also smelled so great and the wind was light and the geese were flying overhead and i got very little studying done for my exam.
so i tried studying again but then noticed that my grey shoes looked so fetching next to the red crabapples and my old English professor walked by and he was holding his tie in his hand and I remembered that he was nice and asked me to submit my paper to the Harper Anthology. he didn't see me and i realized that i'd sat behind a tree. i don't know why i did that, i hadn't even noticed it before.
i tried studying some more and then it worked a little.

i don't know how i always end up with the most interesting people in my classes, but i really really do. dance classes, especially ballet, SUCH intriguing people.

do you know, i think i had the most magical childhood?
really.
in fact, i will list five reasons to show you.
first:
i would sit & dangle my legs & crawl around on the bagging counter at Aldi's.
this is & always will be a favorite childhood memory.
second:
my mom let me ride not just in, but under the cart.
third:
i dressed up in dresses & ran through cornfields in wisconsin from the time i was 7 until i was 16.
fourth:
i saw the lion king in theaters.
fifth [and most important]:
i walked inside C.S. Lewis's wardrobe. i stood & ran my hand along the back wall.
i did.

i'm going to watch a movie for a bit and not think about things that i could be doing.
[i've developed a love/hate relationship with jon and kate plus 8.]

-christina
p.s. i kept spelling crabapple "crapabble." it was pretty funny, actually.

No comments: