10.14.2008

fifty.two.

[hold my head inside your hands. i need someone who understands.]

today i purchased two albums.
itunes is my weakness, apparently. and recently.
i never had an issue before, i just never went to the store.
and i found it all confusing.
last week i bought this john mayer i have never heard of, only 7 songs, all very acoustic and fantastic. they were just re-recorded versions of other songs. i had to have them. the album was only 5 dollars.
of course i bought it.
today: bought two albums that i've actually been needing for some time now. titanic & braveheart soundtracks.
[i also have apparently have a weakness for james horner soundtracks.]
i'm listening to titanic right now.
i do not regret my purchases.
i also played titanic on the piano today, and i think james horner might be proud of me. i was really on a roll.
also, marketa irglova would hug me for my tearful rendition of "the hill" which i learned by ear.
we might even be able to play/sing together.
a duet, if you will.

[let me in. unlock the door. i never felt this way before.]

had a grand city trip last saturday, accompanied by friends and a boy that i've turned my claddagh ring around for [!!!]. i love a good city trip. ate some delicious athenian pizza [chicken and garlic and cheese and artichokes. yum!]. played some frisbee in a little park. oh, it was a grand time.

everyday i'm learning a little more how broken we are, and i am.
and it's so sad to see the pieces fall, how i wish we could all fix this and glue back together.
all these beautiful people are so broken.
and they don't even see! they don't even see how blind and broken and scattered and lonely.
they don't think they are.
they search and search and i search and search and we're searching all for the same thing but we all are finding different answers.

[and say you'll come and set me free.]

today was a glorious day outside, not sure if you stepped out at all. i read my Bible outside this morning and wrote a letter to Bon. it smelled delicious and the leaves were falling so softly and i loved it. i worked on my bike a bit ago. did i tell you i have a new bike? it's new old. it's new to me, but pretty dang old and wonderfully old fashioned. i just need some new tires and strong man to help me raise the seat because i can't get the wrench to work right.

ho-hum. must work on projects for advanced composition so that i don't die of insanity and frenzy in several weeks when projects are due...

No comments: