10.07.2008

fifty.one.

why am i ill again??
after just getting better, i visited fright fest and screamed like an idiot and was not dressed warmly enough.
luckily, i don't have much to do today, so can sit and drink hot tea all day and read and watch old episodes of "Friends" and listen to wonderful music and prepare for Project B for my advanced comp class. Joy! And what a lovely day it is too.
[Fright Fest, however, was jolly good fun, and worth getting sick over.]

i recited my monologue in class yesterday, despite being sick, and my teacher was very kind. it was a Russian piece, almost poetic, about the revolution. fantastic, really. My teacher said my simplicity was great. i felt very relieved, because my teacher can really hound us. there was a Russian girl in the class too, and afterwards she came up and told me that she loved it, and she could just see the Russian colors [what are the Russian colors??] waving. That was a very nice compliment. And now I just get to watch others do monologues for a week or so more, and that is such good fun.

also had a conference with my advanced comp teacher yesterday [sick again for a conference with him. dash it all.] and it went better than before because he remembered who i was and i didn't feel the urge to cry at all, not even once.
this is a remarkable improvement and i feel much better on the whole. i'm doing alright in the class, his advice to me was just to "keep on keeping on" which just means that while i'm not particularly gifted at writing argumentative papers, and my english 101 teacher taught me nothing, he understands and appreciates that i am trying.

after conferencing i had a chat of all chats all full of joyous bittersweetness, causing me to be late to my sociology class by a minute or two. this was quite alright. in sociology we discussed how all consensual crimes should be legalized. my teacher is quite mad, but very compelling.

anyhow, must go and choreograph stunning lyrical number.
oh oh oh, and how wonderful is october? i hope you agree.

1 comment:

Chester said...

Two thoughts: The "Russian colors" most likely refers to the Russian Flag. And, October is wonderful. I cannot wait to be back in Michigan next week. Gorgeous!