5.09.2010

one hundred. twenty two.

Most Monday mornings I ask customers how their weekend was.
All of the senior citizen customer interpret that question to have a hidden meaning of "Please inform me of all the pains afflicting your body."
Oh. And they do.
Will that be me one day?

There are many good things in life.
One of them is definitely singing "In My Place" the live 2003 version while driving with the sun roof open.
Thanks to my musical theater upbringing, I have swallowed the idea of "If you can't find words to express yourself, sing about it." It's quite vexing because for the first time I am finding myself without a song to channel my emotions through. At happy or trying or pensive or funny times of my life - a song. I've found a song. Very perplexing to be a in a place with no song.
Then, i was singing "In My Place" and found it pretty fitting. So that's it. For now.

What else?
I feel a little bit like the disciples in the boat, the storm raging around. Not enough faith so I'm a little frightened. There is a plan & reason, it's just outside my line of sight.
[please, calm this storm.]

Plenty of things to look forward to:
free she & him concert
the 5k [yes!!]
a wedding
blissful weeks up at camp

I just finished reading Brave New World & just started Amusing Ourselves To Death, which is a fantastic book pairing to read one right after the other. To say that it was interesting would barely begin to describe my thoughts. There is honestly just too much to take in & muddle over. I did read Brave New World once in the past but this read through showed some startling comparisons to the society in the book & to our own. That's basically what Amusing Ourselves to Death is about as well, kind of asking the question - What if Huxley was right? Fascinating.

It's time for a mid-afternoon bowl of cereal. I love cereal.
I really need to update this more....

No comments: