9.28.2010

one hundred. forty.

you make me want to wear dresses
& wear my hair down.
so let's throw our hands out the window
& drive out of this town.

[see that, i rhymed down with town.
that's called poetry, kids.]

i keep listening to wedding day by rosie thomas and applying it to my life.
I'M going to be carefree & let nothing pass me by never ever again.
I don't have cheap cigarettes in my car
but I'm going to drive under skyline & sunshine
drink good wine in vineyards
& get asked to dance.
it's gonna be so grand.

speaking of driving & cars
I'VE FINALLY FOUND ONE.
actually, it was completely an answer to prayer because while my mom & i were sitting in the coffee shop talking about the struggle to find a car, a customer came up and told me that she was planning on selling her 98 Honda Civic but had not gotten around to it yet. Fast forward a few days and a good review from my mechanic, she accepted my low offer - BOOM BAM. this girl has got a car.
well, tomorrow i will, when she signs it over to me.
beautiful things happen in the coffee shop.
now my mom won't have to wake up at 4:45a.m. to drive to me work every morning.
[sorry mom.]

I've been reading "My Utmost For His Highest" pretty much every day, enjoying it thoroughly. It's very revealing of my misconceptions & preconceived notions regarding my life as Christian and what is expected of me. At the base, it's so much simpler than I allow, but in that it's quite difficult.
I've decided to take some time to read the Bible from cover to cover like I would eat up other books I read. I don't really eat up the Bible, but I'd like to. Usually I just push it around on my plate, count how many bites until the end, chew a morsel for some time. I'd like to stick it in my purse and read it not with the solemn presence of daily devotionals, but as a BOOK, not depreciating it's truth but taking time to appreciate language and history as I would with other books, get wrapped up in people & ideas & emotions. I've never taken time to just READ it without hunting for something or listlessly reading a daily dose, checking it off my list of things to do. You know? Maybe you don't know, but there it is.

there is a design
an alignment
a cry of my heart to see
the beauty of love as it was made to be.

No comments: