12.23.2011

two hundred. five.

I'd like to live a while longer in these last 2 weeks.
Go back and do it again.
Several times.
Oh, the people, places & things.
The past two days I've found myself driving home from work smiling because I simply feel quite content and blessed.
Truly grand to walk into a chilly building at a brisk 5:30 a.m., crank up the heat, turn on Matthew and the Atlas "Come out of the Woods" and pull shots of espresso.
Then grand to switch to the Frank Sinatra and Michael Buble singing Christmas songs and chatting with customers about all sorts of things. It's been a fine time at work.

Outside of work too.
Seeing movies with family, cooking, cleaning, organizing, shopping, wrapping, warm naps.
Dates with pappy, wine, eggnog,
There is much to be grateful for.

If you're looking for beautiful things, hunt around the Kinfolk Magazine website. I downloaded some free music and saw some nice pictures. kinfolkmag.com
I also deepened my desire for small, simple gatherings with close friends. Let's do it. You can ride over on your bicycle with the basket since we haven't had a snow yet. Just bundle up, bring some stories, a candle and some good hard cider. We'll make merry.

No comments: