8.05.2008

forty.four.

it's good to be home.
and have the internet back.
although, there is a lot of good things about no internet.
it's really a toss-up.
i very much did enjoy that month and a half without it.
the thing i most missed was being able to check the weather.
[i think that was the only thing i missed.]
i just abuse it back home.
self-control!
that's the name of the game.
and not just with computer time.
this could also extend to:
nail-biting
exercising
eating healthy [we have ice cream in the freezer and it's been torture not to dip into it every time i pass it]
getting enough sleep
unproductive thought patterns

to sum up:
self-control is something that could be implemented in my daily life on many counts.

today, got stuck in traffic on my way to barnes & noble and it was so incredibly hot. our car has no a/c. i practiced self-control and did not get angry at rude drivers or the awful heat, but instead stuck as much of my body as possible out of the window and listened to the cool vibes of Wilco.
wretched car ride turns into soothing sauna [unfortunately with no shower at the end].

got to barnes & noble later than expected and lost all self-control because instead of picking up interesting, intelligent, furthering of my knowledge book, or writing journal entry full of sparkling wit and intellect, i picked up crummy magazine that made me feel like a failure in terms of how often i get haircuts and what kind of shoes i wear/buy, plus i already felt awesomely attractive because of sauna experience. however, after closing my magazine i cow-girled up and felt much better when a small boy flirted shamelessly with me. He kept pushing his stroller closer to me, and then trying to hand me random objects from his table, like napkins. His mom told me that he wanted to take me for a spin in the stroller, and i said anytime.
bummed around and peeked inside a few books that were displayed by the front door, and then rushed out to pick tai up from dance classes.
the drive home was a lot cooler. i put just my hand out the window.
i love driving. driving with tai is always full of fun too.

earlier today i stopped by harper to figure out some stuff for classes.
i'm excited for this next semester.
i think i always say that but it's true.
fall semester is muchas fun.
the weather is good. it's AUTUMN for crying out loud, only the best time of the year.
i take that back.
i love the whole year.
autumn is just very near and dear to my heart.
why? i don't know.
anyhow, saw a surprise person at harper.
ran the other way.
ha. ha.
i think i'm a little socially awkward.
certain people i just don't know how to greet.
so i just run away.
it's my homeschool upbringing.
when in doubt: run away or point.
[just kidding. but seriously.]

i only had ONE SPOONFUL of ice cream today, so i think i will allow myself a small dish.
it's too good not to.
and if i don't, someone else will.
and then there will be none left for me.
i feel like this entry was a muddled booku of stuffs.
first entry back and all....
anyhow, have a superb evening. :]

-christina

No comments: