8.21.2008

forty.six.

i killed a lot of trees today, while weeding.
i don't like weeding very much.
but i love gardens.
i really like tough plants that you don't have to weed
and then having this glorious overgrown garden.
i think it looks neat
and less work!
not that i'm very lazy. it's just...
weeeddding.
if i had some windowsill gardens or a rooftop garden
or both
i wouldn't mind weeding those.
[do they even grow weeds? i don't know.]
but we have these bushes along the side of our house, and we have to weed all around them. it's tiresome. and seemingly unending, even though today my mom, sister and i all did it together and it got done pretty quickly.
but just imagine it:
i'm living in ireland.
i have flowers that are meticulously weeded growing at my windowsills, and several meticulously weeded potted plants by the door/walkway.
all around my house are gargantuan flowers and bushes and weeds all growing hand in hand.
yesyes.
i would probably make the professional gardener cry and run away.
he couldn't handle such perfect imperfection.

anyhow, back to the killing of small trees, that's another reason i don't like weeding.
you have to pluck all the innocent, fragile trees out.
dandelion leaves and all can go, they're hardy and grow back the next day.
but TREES.
they seem so much more...
alive.
they've got so much more personality.
not to be cruel to dandelions, or those giant leaves that i've always remembered as spider leaves, but trees just are more difficult to pull out. it's sad. a small forest died today.

i start school in several days now. i'm excited. i visited harper yesterday to finish up some details. i was looking at the poster of upcoming productions over the year, and the director of one of them came up and told me that he'd love to see me audition. he even shook my hand. i thought that was nice of him.
also, as i was walking in, my old sign language teacher remembered me and waved. i thought that was nice of him.

i read twilight.
i disliked it.
but i guess i can understand why it's huge.
why did you like it??

i bought a camera.
i'm not a photographer, so i bought a cheaper one.
i just want to have pictures. i like pictures.

i like people.
i like looking at them.
does this make me creepy?

-christina


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've wondered about 'Twilight'. Not really my cup of tea, so I never checked it out. Hmm. I think they're making a movie, too.

No, watching people isn't creepy! It's a widely accepted form of social observance, known as 'People watching'. Very popular on subways and street corners and such. :)