7.23.2010

one hundred. twenty seven.

Back home!

It's good being back home. It's not good hearing radio music again. That was the first thing that logged in my brain as something I didn't miss, specifically hearing Lady Gaga. Did not miss Lady Gaga. Other things I didn't miss: our cat, Gilbert, who decided to pee on Taylor as a welcome home gift. Who could ask for anything more?

Typical of my life, the adventure back home was anything but normal & easy. Duncan [my car] decided to poop out and die somewhere on the outskirts of Green Bay. Taylor and I sit for 5 hours at a diner with a 7 dollar fruit plate featuring canned peaches & pineapple, followed by a table at a classy BP station, being serenaded by country music.
Thankfully, we pooped out right next to all of this wonderment and also by a car repair place instead of in the middle of the UP with no cellphone reception. So, long story short, nobody died because of the country music, Chris came & picked us up, and the car repair place took my car and will do their best to bring Duncan back to life. The chances are looking slim.

pros & cons of duncan dying:
pro - more train time. i love the train.
con - riding in my mom's car, eunice, when we can't take the train. no air conditioning, no sun roof. today was literally the hottest day of the year.
pro from that situation - stopping by culvers for ice cream.
con from that situation - i realized i need to begin my work out routine again.

to be honest, i miss camp. i miss the boy. i miss the people i might never see again for the rest of my life. however, the transition to home life went much better this year. i was able to put all of my bags away and do 2 loads of laundry my first day home. this is extremely rare. usually i mope about and spend my time wondering what camp people are doing, or crying because it's oatmeal morning and i am eating apple jacks. now i am enjoying my apple jacks and my time here, seeing friends & family and my dearest kanoa again. things move back to normal so quickly. taylor bakes cookies. kanoa needs to go outside. we eat dinner at the table. my father and i share a mild argument about the meaning of a phrase, is it right or wrong. kanoa wants to play. the dryer is still broken so i hang my laundry outside. it begins to rain. life moves along.

it's getting late. i should sleep.

No comments: