7.18.2011

one hundred. eighty four.

Few things top an evening like this, sweltering as it is.
For some reason I thought it would be a genius idea to crank up the oven & make these:











Behold, the beauty of chocolate zucchini cupcakes. Taylor and I are definitely going to have an excess of zucchini this year from the garden so we're trying to find creative ways to use it up besides handing it out to random strangers. 
We've made mountains of zucchini bread in the past that just goes to waste, or we throw it into every pasta we eat, so this cupcake recipe was attempt number one to switch it up. 
They are in the oven as I type. 
Cross your fingers.
Also, someone (I think a random customer I was talking to about gardening...typical) told me a joke about zucchini: You know someone has no friends when they have no zucchini. 
So. If you need a friend. Or some zucchini. I'm your girl. 
On a side note, can't believe I just wrote a zucchini joke on here. 
It's getting sad, folks. 

On Saturday, Mumsie, Bethany & I went to this fabulous antique flea market where I spent some of my birthday moolah on old stuff. I love collecting bits of someone else's history & hanging it on my wall. 
I think it's just the neatest thing.
So do lots of other people, older people, because we were outnumbered by people 50+. Some other young ragamuffins were hanging around too, so we didn't feel too conspicuous. But most of them were definitely older.
On that note, I feel like it would be appropriate to compile a list. 
Things I do that older folks do:
Garden. Go to antique flea markets. Knit. Crochet. Go to bed early. Get up early. Complain. Listen to Frank Sinatra. Love me some nap time. 
So far one of the only differences I see is that I keep my teeth in when I go to bed. 

My AC is out in my car, so currently the only thing that is keeping me sane is listening to the sweet sounds of Josh Garrels and the mix cd that Nora made for me which features some Ben Rector. Never heard of him, but you can't stop this girl from dancing when she hears "The Beat" or "Dance with me Baby." 
Also, Lucy Rose's "Night Bus." Magic. 
And more. 

Cupcakes are out. I'm going to label them a success.

No comments: