7.15.2011

one hundred. eighty three.

Today at work there was the most darling little girl in with her mom and sister.
Her mom got some blended caramel butterscotch drink, her sister got a smoothie.
Meanwhile, this tiny fair-skinned, pixie cut blonde child was staring intensely at the list of teas. She couldn't have been more than 8 or 9.
So maturely, she asked to smell several different teas. She had the biggest, most solemn blue eyes that just peeked over the counter. An old soul packed into this little bit of a girl.
After carefully smelling 3 different green teas, she chose the gojiberry pomegranate.
So adorable.

Lately, I've been doing a bit of this [I am including pictures to give this blog some visual interest. Ignore the terrible quality of my webcam.]:


I have written half of a song. I'm going to count it as my first, because the other one I made up was probably 12 years ago, and was dedicated to my mother. It went something like: "You're not perfect, you do cry. I guess you're normal just like I." Clearly I'm a genius with lyrics.
I have also been reading this fabulous book. I am finding it mucho interesting and it is giving me more gumption to follow through on living in a more sustainable way. Most of the time my gumption just falls back into reading about other people who are living that way, which makes me feel better because I begin to live vicariously through them. However, at the end of the day this is not effective. Ergo, hello canning trial & error this autumn.

I had a birthday! I celebrated by purchasing salmon for dinner, which was delightful and worth every penny. Where do I have to live to eat salmon every day? Because that's where I need to end up. My birthday also happened to be the day a zillion people lost power in my area, our family included. Happy Birthday to me.

Last night Bethany and I went to a dear little show at the Starline Gallery. They had this theater company come in and do "The Taming of the Shrew" in the wide open space on the first floor. I fell in love with the brick walls and big windows, we brought a blanket and some snacks because they wanted an "indoor Ravinia feel." Worked like a charm, except next time we'll bring chairs. The floor is a little rough halfway through a Shakespeare play. I've never seen/read the comedy, but found it delightful.

In my head I've been doing quite a bit of writing, gourmet cooking & training for a fierce obstacle course. In real life I spend too much time watching random documentaries on Netflix and staring at random objects while lost in thought.

1 comment:

Taralyn Rose said...

Happy Birthday to you!

Yeah, we lost power too, for two days =)

[Notice how I've used every way you can possibly spell '2' in this little message...]