9.26.2011

one hundred. ninety four.

& it's true
my branches they turn to you
asking you, do you love me too?


^it resonates and i am struck like a drum. still humming.
I like Alessi's Ark.
And Laura Marling.
I saw them in concert on Thursday and it was just so lovely, so much talent! So much british accent fun! Can't get enough.
I'll be going back to that space to see Ben Rector soon with Nors, which will be amazing.

Today I put all my summer clothes in boxes and brought out my sweaters.
Good riddance!
Ready for this lovely lovely weather. I didn't even mind the rain today, just bundled up and wore my summer shoes for the last time. In the box they go! Huzzah!
Rosie Thomas is perfect for rainy mornings, so I listened to her very early on the way to work.
One of her Christmas songs randomly played and I was filled with an inexpressible flash of Christmas joy. Nearly bawled like a crazy person briefly, but I kept it together.
Apparently we'll be having more rain these next few days.
This gives you a nice opportunity to turn on some Rosie. Take advantage of it.

I keep a notebook by my bed and I've been scribbling in it nightly.
It's either genius or rubbish.
I see no middle ground.
There rarely is, I suppose.
I usually find middle ground to be rubbish anyhow, because it's neither here nor there.

Sarah colored my hair red over the weekend.
That girl.
I was thinking more of a subtle red, more brown than anything,
but she picked out a RED color.
So, we did it.
I'm grateful for the ways she pushes me.
[And I do mean in other ways besides coloring my hair.]
She's an excellent friend to have around.
We have some adventures.
We also have some wine.

Anyhow.
More than anything I feel like going for a bike ride.
You game?
Tomorrow then, we'll be off, rain or shine.
We'll bring our umbrellas and hot chocolate in a thermos.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

bennny boooy!

so. excited.
:)