9.07.2011

one hundred. ninety one.

I feel like the autumn is my spring. I feel reborn once cooler weather hits.
My steps are lighter, I drink warm soy chai and generally feel an overwhelming sense of joy.
It hasn't even been that cool, but when I leave for work at 5 a.m. it's nice and chilly.
Which has incidentally made me realize that the heat in my car doesn't work.
Sort of a killjoy, but I won't let it spoil my delight in busting out my fall boots and mittens.

I've been working my patookie off and dealing with fun customers who say things like:
"So, you know how to run a business, right?"
This is the same guy who makes us put cream cheese on his bagel for him as he stands there and fill us in on his wretched life. He used to be big. His cd was sold in Best Buy. What a hotshot.
Now he has a one gagillion square foot house all to himself. What a drag.

I've been trying to split my time up between doing "manager" things at work, doing fun customer stuff at work and getting my crafty-craft on to make the place more homey.
I am realizing very quickly how delicate this balance is.
Also, so enjoying it.
I put The Weepies and David Gray and The Head and the Heart on our coffee house playlist so I listen to good tunes while cutting out felt leaves.
Sometimes I can't believe how fortunate I am.

Yesterday I wrote a song about quilts while driving in the car and recorded it on my phone on the way home.
I think this means that I am anxious to test out my new sewing machine, but have been way too busy to touch it. It's sitting so hopeful on my desk.

Renegade craft fair on Saturday. Someone hide my wallet, please.

4 comments:

Mollie said...

This is just what I was thinking in the past five minutes as I walked across the yard. (Not the whole owning a business thing, but the first couple lines.) This cool and windy weather. Makes me so happy.

Faith said...

Huzzah for autumn! Sun, wind, passing rain and mouthfuls of cool night air. Time to break out the pumpkin cookie recipe. (Confession: I have already done this. All those in favor of calling September the new October, say "Aye".) (...I jest. September is a fine month. I've just been looking forward to October since... last October.)

Anyhoo, just stopping by to comment along with Mollie on this wondrous subject. :)

Cheerio!

Unknown said...

seriously, im not sure why i didnt follow your blog before. makes me feel like we were acquaitances and i was too shy to follow it before. Ha, we all know thats a joke.

So now i am following you, and just read some OOOLD posts.

literally, im sitting in the gallery laughing and crying at some of the funny things you say. probably because i can absolutely picture you saying them.

regardless, i miss you bunches. fall break needs to hurry up!

Christina Hope said...

Faith - I count both September and October too. I need all the time I can get for pumpkin cookies/pies/cakes.

Nora - you have no idea how pumped i am for fall break. glad to know we're actually friends now.