10.20.2011

one hundred. ninety nine.

So. Hit a deer a few days ago.
I'm driving and I see one on my right
So I slow down and keep an eye on him
and don't even see his buddy leap in front of my car from the left.
[in all reality, this might be a case of the deer hitting me.]

I thought my car was trashed because it was 3:45 in the morning on my way to work and everything looked grim and terrible, but it was able to get fixed. The hood is still in terrible shape.

My Dad told me at least now I won't be picking up guys in that car.
Drat.
I spent so much time doing that before, it's going to completely alter my life.
I told that to the cook next door and he confirmed.
"You see a girl in a car like that, you stay away. She's crazy, hitting things like that."
Thanks Fernando.
Not the first time he's called me crazy.
He told me that if it had been on the side that would have been cool. Cool girls race their friends and hit the curb, causing minimal damage.
Crazy girls ram a deer head on and keep driving that car, busted hood and all.
Good to know where I land on the cool vs. crazy scale. Totally bonkers.

Been playing through my "Ukulele For Dummies" book. Great fun.
I also just finished knitting the best hat ever.
Me.
Knitting a hat.
It's like I just finished climbing a mountain. I am victorious.

Speaking of climbing, I also just booked a weekend trip in the Ozarks next April with the lovely engaged couple and Tai. Bopping around, camping, climbing.
And I signed up for NANOWRIMO i.e. national novel writing month. November will be interesting, that's for sure. You will probably never hear from me. I don't know if anyone will ever hear from me.
So many things that I'm doing.
Often I end up feeling like I'm not doing enough.
There is so much more that I'd like to reach out my fingers and hold on to.



2 comments:

Taralyn Rose said...

"There is so much more that I'd like to reach out my fingers and hold on to."

I feel like this. Does it ever stop? I hope not.

JanelleMchugh said...

yayyayyay. Nanorimo. It will be splendid. Splendid I say!

Also your dad's comment. Oh Fathers...