10.27.2011

Two Hundred.

This will probably be the last blog post for a while.
In preparation of really sitting down and writing for a month [providing my follow through is the best it ever has been. agh.], I've been trying to squeeze in a bunch this week.
This evening I finally sliced up the 300 pound zucchini we've had sitting on our table for forever, donned an apron and made 6 loaves of bread with it.
Surprise, there is enough zucchini left to still feed a small country.
I told Taylor to maybe plant a few less next year.
Just a few.

I also turned some sweaters into these infinity scarves I saw online a few days ago. Sew some sweater sleeves together...boom. Infinity scarf. That was delightfully easy for my brain. At times I ponder at great length over sewing instructions, so fortunately this was a breeze.
Note: I just spelled breeze "brease."
Past my bedtime.

Last night I started making this delightful fish dish that turned freaking fantastic.
Initially though, Sheffield, that loathsome creature, decided to hop on the table and eat four pieces of the fish while I was out of the room for literally 90 seconds.
Or less.
Needless to say I was quite angry.
However, it all turned out just dandy, if an hour later than expected so we could defrost more fish.

Early this week one of our favorite customers passed away. He'd been sick for a while, although initially it had come out of nowhere.
He used to read his epic poems at open mic night. He had large, wise eyes and a white mustache, always the friendliest and kindest man, moving tables at the end of the night for us.
After we found out, we drank a cup of Moroccan mint tea with lots of honey for him.

This weekend I'll be celebrating Lauren being off chemo [huzzah!!], helping host a Breast Cancer Fundraiser and attending a wedding.
I might sleep a little somewhere.

This morning I had a chocolate chip cookie for breakfast.
Oh.
It was good.

1 comment:

Taralyn Rose said...

I'll miss you muchas muchas...

All the best~