8.25.2011

one hundred. eighty nine.

hello, responsibility.
Being the co-manager of a little independent coffee shop seems like it might be a chill atmosphere with that subtle coffee shop glamour, but this first week has just been absolutely mad.
It started with waking up at 3 for grease trap cleaning on monday and working an 11 hour day.
Nothing glamorous about 3 in the morning.
For the record, 3a.m. still counts as nighttime in my book.
Getting to work at 5:30 the other mornings: wonderful. Just before the sun rises.
So far this week we've been working on damage control from the previous manager as well as trying to get ahead of the game for fall/the holidays.
One day we'll get settled into the swing of things. We long for those days and we talk about how fun it's going to be when we can do little things like spend a night decorating for Christmas.
That time is not now. Now it's just crazy and I miss being stressed because I didn't get sandwiches prepped before the end of my shift.

Some good things: I just bought a ticket to Laura Marling & Alessi's Ark coming to Chicago. Yes, please. I want to see S. Carey in December too. Yes?
Went line dancing with some fine folks last night, which was a ball. I may not be the best at line dancing, but it's jolly good times anyhow.
I'm ready to start crocheting. I get so excited for fall every year, it makes me want to do all of my favorite things like read, write, sing, crochet, hibernate, lark about & bear hug.

1 comment:

Taralyn Rose said...

This is what I wish to do some day: wear a white skirt and boots in the woods and sit on a bench and have someone take my picture. Luv your new profile =)

Taz-