8.01.2011

one hundred. eighty six.

Let's just have a brief conversation about how much fun the rodeo was.
[So fun.]
I've never been to anything quite like it, but it made me want to move out to some southern state with these people for neighbors.
Just a little bit.
Also, seeing all the little boy spectators running around with their trick ropes just reinforces my desire to have a pack of boys. Just heaps of them. Funny little boys, yes please.
I ended up not going to the city. Shall hit it up next time.

I'm actually typing this at my desk [splendid!] with a glass of cheap red wine, feeling quite sophisticated.
Our room is something like clean, so it makes it so much more enjoyable.
I am also listening to Bon Iver [what else is new?]. Enjoyable.
There is a certain sort of lovely about times like these.
"Times likes these" seems to be times where I feel like Winnie the Pooh.
That is literally the first thing I thought of.
I just want to to bear hug someone
and hum
and say things like:
"Nobody can be uncheered with a balloon."
Or:
"If you live to be 100, I hope to live to 100 minus 1 day, so that I never have to live without you."
Yes, I did just google Winnie the Pooh quotes to ensure that Winnie the Pooh was indeed what I was feeling like. After reading 6 pages of quotes, I can confirm it.
[& a bit hopeful. i feel like that old bear is a hopeful fellow.]

Just days until Michigan
& Michigan cherries
& Michigan dunes
Today a customer came in with a little container for us full of blueberries he picked just yesterday in Michigan.
quite delicious. I just love our customers.
This guy always comes in with another guy, and they sit and talk about football and how their wives are the exact same.
There is always some funny frustration in one or both of those topics.
Keeps us entertained.

I've been listening to a little bit of fitz & the tantrums, getting my groove on while I'm driving. I love free daytrotter sessions.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, now that I’m not an official lurker… ahem.

I have to say thank you for mentioning you were going to the rodeo. I had the time of my life. Never been before, but now I’ve been twice. It was just as fun “on a Sunday afternoon” as “on a Saturday night”. The bulls were even a bit more edgy. And one charged right into the clown’s dummy and snapped the broom.

BTW, you really have an amazing blog.

~Mollie

Taralyn Rose said...

Wonderful!

Your blog makes me happier than any other blog makes me =P

Sincerely,
Taz

P.S. and I am an official lurker

Christina Hope said...

Haha, Mollie, thanks for the comment. I'm a bit jealous I missed the bull and the dummy "on a Sunday afternoon." So glad you all were able to make it up, it was so fun.

Taralyn, you are sweet. I'm a huge fan of your blog as well. Keep writing!