4.13.2008

thirty.six.

"Ever After" is such a wonderful movie. I haven't seen in it such a long while.

i never ever look at my blogger home page. is this wrong?

Confession:
Usually when I go to Barnes & Noble and I know that I'm only going to be there for around 1/2 hour I don't spend that precious time browsing about looking at intelligent books and such. I head straight for the magazine rack and pick up a selection of wedding magazines, beauty magazines and current events. Once in a while I'll look at crazy crochet magazines and dream up ways I could make reversible sweaters.
Anyhow, the other day was such a day, and I picked up such a selection. One of the beauty magazines I was looking at was completely chock-full of how to stay younger longer.
I'm not kidding, I think every single page had at least one item on it that was all about anti-aging, and every article revolved around that subject as well. It's all very disappointing. The editor made a note that said something like: "I like to think that I'm not crazy about anti-aging. I just don't think that aging means that I'll let my hair go gray, wear orthopedic shoes and all that."
I'm sorry.
I thought aging was a...
oh rats. how should i put this?
Natural process?
Maybe I'm just confused.
For the record:
I'll try my hardest to steer clear of orthopedic shoes and elastic waistbands for as long as I can, however I'm fairly certain they are inevitable.
I know I'll be one of the old ladies in the locker room at Harper after a good round of water aerobics traipsing about in silk underwear and talking about Dr. Scholls and the best way to beat indigestion after dinner.
I will let the lines on my face show, so you'll see how I've laughed with you and worried for you for so many years.
I'll let the gray come out in my hair, and I'll grow it long and braid it.
I'll wear skirts with elastic waistbands to compromise.
And I'll paint my toe nails red before I stick them in my orthopedic shoes.
It's easy to say this all when I'm young, here and now.
However, I will stand strong in my conviction.

Nose piercing = more of a possibility. Don't be surprised.
[i will also wear my nose-piercing when I am old.]

I fail at homework.

pleasepleaseplease
stand strong.

-christina

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Confession. I apply anti-wrinkle cream to my face every night. I can't help it.

Also, I'd buy a reversible sweater from you and wear it proudly two days in a row (of course no one would know because i'd wear the opposite side)