11.07.2010

one hundred. fifty one.

Just signed up for classes for next semester. Apparently, according to my advisor, I got all my fun, elective classes out of the way at Harper and now have to take stupid classes here, such as biology at 8:30 Friday morning. Nothing says good morning quite like dissecting a pig. Yum.

Something I thought about whilst I was laying in bed last night:
I am constantly searching for ways to make the world better. That's what I do. It's pretty noble of me. For instance, when driving, if everyone paid attention at a red light and we all let go of our brakes at the same time when the light turned green, then we could all move together without anyone obnoxious sitting and picking their nose [totally me...what??]. So simple. Everyone moving together. I realize this sounds frighteningly like utopia, but really it's just common courtesy.

Another thing that would make life better would be if people just acknowledged awkward obvious moments aloud. Rather than blushing and ignoring when you spit on someone, point out that you just spit on someone, laugh about it and move on. Otherwise it hangs between you for the rest of the conversation as you wonder if they noticed that you just projected a huge globule of spittle onto their shoulder.
If someone farts, mention it, let it go. Laugh about it if necessary, cover your nose if necessary, but please don't let that bad air sit there as everyone wonders who did what.
If someone cooks poor food, laugh about it. Eat it anyway. But if we're eating among friends, don't spit the food out into a napkin and then ask for the recipe to be nice. Tell me it is revolting and we'll scrap around for some ice cream to eat instead.
Someone offers you their hand. You wonder if it's a hug or a handshake, and go in for the hug on a whim. It was a handshake. Their hand is trapped between you. Embrace that moment you just shared, accept the fact that it was a bit strange, move on. Remark that it didn't go over as planned. Everyone will feel so much better.

Anyhow. Thoughts that fill my head when I should be sleeping. Implement them into your life and see how much better you fare. Thank me later.

No comments: