11.05.2010

one hundred. fifty.

I promise that eventually I will stop making the majority of my posts be about Mumford & Sons/their lyrics.
But not yet.
Because their concert, which I went to this last Sunday, was FANTASTIC.
Even though I smelled like cheap beer afterwards because everyone around us was drunk, and even though the girl screaming the lyrics to every song behind me drowned out their voices at times, and even though I didn't have space to turn in a circle, and even though I had to wait for several hours in the unexpectedly chilly weather, it was wonderful. Good friends, questionable food, good hot chocolate, excellent music.

We were two rows back from the stage, but towards the middle of the concert, Tai made her way up to the front rail, inches from the stage. This was done by careful conversation with "Claire-bear" the drunk woman, and "Roy" the emotional fan who may have wiped away a tear or two during the performance. Taylor so kindly gave me her spot for the last song/encore. After the band left the stage I timidly called out for the set list and was given instead the DRUMSTICK.
Yes. Quite a gift. Quite elated.

After all that...I got sick. So this week has been pretty rotten.

But here's something I read & enjoyed recently, the day after the concert to be precise.

"Why shouldn't we go through heartbreaks? Through those doorways God is opening up ways of fellowship with His Son. Most of us fall and collapse at the first grip of pain; we sit down on the threshold of God's purpose and die away of self-pity, and all so called Christian sympathy will aid us to our death bed. But God will not. He comes with the grip of the pierced hand of His Son, and says - "Enter into fellowship with me; arise and shine." If through a broken heart God can bring His purposes to pass in the world, then thank Him for breaking your heart."
-Oswald Chambers

...but then also made me think of the night before...

there will come a time you'll see
with no more tears
and love will not break your heart
but dismiss your fears
get over your hill and see
what you find there
with grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.
-mumford & sons

& both are good in their different ways.
it's good to have purpose.
it's good to have hope.

No comments: