10.11.2010

one hundred. forty three.

Got a new laptop the other day. I am now officially done spending money. A car. A laptop. This is what grownup people do, so look at me, growing up.

Took Kanoa for a walk in the forest preserve yesterday. She was muddy & in all of her glory. We made her stay still so that Taylor could take a picture. She is sleeping all day today because yesterday wore her out. Old dog.

My great-grandpa passed away this morning. He renewed his wedding vows with my great-grandma last summer at the family reunion. They were married 61 years this year. He was the sort of man you never imagined passing away, because he'd always be doing push-ups at family functions and be out playing golf all the time.

I'm trying to wrap my head around everything that's happened in the past 2 months. It's too exhausting.

But I will hold on hope
And I won't let you choke
On the noose around your neck

And I'll find strength in pain
And I will change my ways
I'll know my name as it's called again

[Now let me at the truth
Which will refresh my broken mind]

No comments: