12.05.2010

one hundred. fifty eight.

Went to the Christmas Parade in my little town yesterday.
Tai and I were probably 2 out of 50 people. Apparently they don't have a huge turnout.
The weather was perfect, though. Lightly snowing. We bundled up in various knitwear and stood on the streets to wave to Santa who traveled to our town on the back of the fire truck. 
There was also a marching band, some Siberian Huskies and a police car.
An extravagant event.
I love my little town & my simple life.
Tai and I walked back and talked about how fortunate we were.

At work there is a humorous guy who sits in the corner with his tea and watches what everyone does.
[kind of like something I would do]
He claims that he is going to write a book about all the things that happen in a coffee shop.
[kind of like something I would do]
After a strange customer comes in, or I drop something, or anything noteworthy happens, I look over at him to see if he saw it.
He often does.
Then he'll wave an imaginary pen in the air and shout out: "CHAPTER 23!"
Hilarious.
We've got a lot of chapters. Probably a whole chapter dedicated to things that Tina has dropped on the ground.

No comments: