12.12.2010

one hundred. sixty.

Treacherous driving today.
The road between my work and my house is mostly in the middle of large, empty fields. This is soothing and lovely in the summer. When it snows it becomes a frozen tundra of danger. Snowbanks are picked up by the wind and place directly in the middle of my lane so that I'm forced to either barrel through and risk my little Honda getting stuck or go in the other lane and risk getting hit head on by an SUV that's still doing 60 mph in the blizzard.
I would rather be riding my bike in Ireland.

White Elephant gifts given thus far:
Crocheted coffee sleeves.
Notecards.
More crocheted coffee sleeves [I'm trying to combine creative with thrifty].
A toy piano.

White Elephant gifts received:
A ceramic Santa
A plastic dolphin cookie jar that makes dolphin noises when you open the lid. Genius.
Clearly, I've got the better end of the deal.

Other things I've been doing with my time:
Part-time Mrs. Claus -
spreading some holiday cheer. 

No comments: