1.25.2011

one hundred. seventy one.

So much food in my stomach right now.
Went out with pappy. Got some pasta dish which came with breadsticks.
Also had a beer.
Also had 3 oreos when I got home.
[Yes, they were Double Stuf.]
Disgusting. I am disgusting and also huge.

You know what I've been thinking about?
I've been thinking about how I want to live a life worth writing about. I don't know if that goal is shallow or a bit ridiculous, but it's true. I want to live a life that I want to put down on paper. Not necessarily something that someone would pick up and read, but something worth spending some pen and paper on, some time scratching it out.
You know? Something interesting, or simple, or innovative. Something new or rediscovered.
Example: not worth writing about - Today I worked then got home and watched TV. Then I heated up some leftovers, belched, let the dog out, let the dog in, went to bed.
[That was not actually my day. I had breadsticks instead of leftovers, and I moved a massive bed which involved me using power tools. Totally handled it like a rockstar.]

Involved in this goal - as I was thinking on it - was that I would love to eat FOOD worth writing about.
Bad food example: 3 double stuf Oreos.
Good food example: Food that I had a real hand in, whether growing, or purchasing from someone who had a real relationship to the food, or just making something with my hands.
I think that would be really neat.
Have I been watching too much of Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution and Food Inc. and such?
Yes.
Yes I have.
Still. This resolution stands.

No comments: