1.01.2011

one hundred. sixty five.

Goodness, that last post was so long.
Here's a short one:

I'm looking forward to 2011, to this clean slate.
There is very little that is sure, but in the unknowing there is a certain calm. .

And there’s a hand my trusty friend !
And give us a hand o’ thine !
And we’ll take a right good-will draught,
for auld lang syne.

[We tried to sing that last night, but didn't really know the words. Blast.] 
Anyhow, hope your ringing in was quite memorable, as mine was fairly mellow. Sparkling apple juice with friends and all that. In my flannel pajama pants by 9:00. 
I read my Oswald Chambers last entry of the year and felt quite drawn to his ending line:
"Leave the Irreparable Past in His hand, and step out into the Irresistible Future with Him." 
So, Happy New Year!

No comments: