1.07.2011

one hundred. sixty six.

A customer from work told me to make a list of 20 things I want to do. Just jot them down without too much thinking & analyzing. I'm doing it. It's helpful. Sometimes I feel a bit like I'm wandering - not stagnant, my footing just isn't too sure. If I write things down it helps. I'm a list person, I like to look at words on a page.


Went snowboarding for the first time 2 days ago.
Yesterday my arms were a bit sore.
Today everything is a bit sore. Heading down the city in just a few hours, so it couldn't be a better day to have trouble walking down the stairs.
I'm not a particularly fearless person, so snowboarding for me consisted mostly of braking my way down big hills and running into the lift. Literally. Colliding with the lift.
It was still thrilling.

Our cat, Gilbert, killed a mouse sometime last week. He found it zipping around the kitchen & somehow caught it, though he is a sissy with no claws.
He paraded it in front of us when we were all sitting in the living room watching a movie.
Now he has taken to lurking around the kitchen all the time, darting about like mad. No more mice, but it seems like Gil has found some profound purpose and now will let no mouse escape his savage, claw-less paws.

Also, I just don't understand people who are obsessed with sports. It makes no sense. I hear these two customers at work talking about football like EVERYTHING depends on this quarterback or that team or who knows what.
I capitalized EVERYTHING and that still doesn't feel like it encompasses the EVERYTHING that it is.
You know - happiness, faith, what they name their dog, their child, where they live, etc...

No comments: