1.28.2011

one hundred. seventy two.

A little bit of Bright Eyes today.
[& the world's got me dizzy again
You think after 22 years I'd be used to the spin
& it only feels worse when I stay in one place
So I'm always pacing around or walking away.] 
I'm on a bit of a kick. i always like bright eyes better at night. I think it's because the first time I heard Bright Eyes was at Ayla's house, and she would play them to fall asleep to.
[I took off my shoes & walked into the woods. I felt lost & found with every step I took.]
I had a gift certificate to Mario Tricoci's so today I redeemed it with a hair cut. 
This place was a little intimidating.
They gave me a robe when I walked in. 
When I walked back I asked my hair lady what to do with it.
"...You could put it on, if you wanted."
Right. That would make sense. 
Or none, at all, to put on a black robe just for a hair cut.
But I did, anyhow. Live it up. 
This place was weird, though. I don't know if I could do it again. The girls who weren't cutting hair were standing in front of mirrors cutting their own hair, just teeny bits here and there.
snip snip. fluff fluff fluff. curl small portion. snip. fluff fluff. hairspray. snip. 
stare at self in mirror.
repeat.
I was a little glad to leave. 
[however, now my hair smells especially nice.]


I liked these little bits:
"...But it was all a bunch of hot air - nothing but their own opinions. Empty ritual. Their robes were costumes, and their temple was an empty shell. This story scares me because it shows that it's possible for a whole generation to go happily about the business of their religion, all the while having lost a true knowledge of God.
Knowledge doesn't have to be dull & lifeless. And when you think about it, exactly what is our alternative? Ignorance? Falsehood?
We're either building our lives on the reality of what God is truly like and what He's about, or we're basing our lives on our own imagination & misconceptions. 
We're all theologians. The question is whether what we know about God is true." [Joshua Harris]

No comments: