1.18.2011

one hundred. sixty nine.

I'll admit it.
I'm a bit of a sucker for romance, at times.
There were tears in my eyes at the end of "The Young Victoria."
My heart might leap at sweet songs.
So I can't help but come near to bursting when a romance blooms right in front of me at the coffee shop. These two lovely single parents have both been dropping by separately for ages.
She gets the large caramel vanilla cappuccino.
He gets the medium iced mocha.
They'd seen each other in passing.
Their kids went to the same day care.
Then one day, their paths crossed in the shop.
I spied from behind the counter as they chatted.
Then:
Him | "Why don't you let me take you out for coffee?"
Her | "Sure!"
The next day he comes in early and buys both coffees.
[Good man.]
They sit and talk.
Bright Eyes enters and begins to play "The First Day of My Life" quietly in the corner.
[Ok, not really, but in my head, yes. Listen to it if you don't know it.]
She leaves & he comes over and tells us that he likes her and just hopes that she falls for his boyish charm.
We tell him that we're rooting for him.
Weeks pass.
They come in often and drink coffee together.
Seriously, these are gag-me adorable moments
The sly grin from him as he makes a dorky joke.
The shy smile and downcast eyes from her.
The lingering as they walk out to the cars.
The walk away, still talking.
The walk back so they can finish their conversation.
The walk away, still smiling.
He walks back and movie moment, all out kisses the crap out of her.
The shy smile and downcast eyes from her.
The collective "awe" from....well, me, creeping from inside.
Bright Eyes finishes their song.